Weiss Orthopaedics would like to keep you informed about what we are doing in an effort to keep our patients, and our community safe.
First of all, we are happy to let you know that Dr. Weiss and his staff have already received the coronavirus vaccine. This vaccine has shown to be over 95% effective, so please know that you are likely not an infection risk to us, and we are not an infection risk to you. Nevertheless, per CDC Guidelines, we will continue to use best practices for all of our patients.
- The virus is predominantly spread through respiratory contact. Therefore, masks are required in our office, at all times.
- As always, our exam rooms — including exam tables, door handles, and any shared surfaces — will be kept clean and disinfected between every patient.
- The waiting room has been fully cleaned with disinfectant and will be continually maintained. We are providing hand sanitizer in both waiting rooms and exam rooms for your use as well.
- Every one of our staff uses hand sanitizer before, and after patient contacts.
- Minimizing unnecessary social contact is helpful in controlling the spread of this virus. We are no longer shaking hands, so don't take it personally! Elbow bumps, or a smile work just fine.
- We would like to minimize the number of people in an exam room. Please do not bring any unnecessary individuals with you in the room.
- If you have a cough, a low-grade fever, or feel ill in any way, we recommend that you reschedule your appointment.
- We also do Telemedicine, when appropriate, for our patients. Please ask if that is something you would be interested in.
We will all get through this safely, and together.